Ok, so today the U.S. Supreme Court ruled gay marriage legal. I know many of my Christian friends have an issue with this, and I understand. I did too. For a while. When I first got back in to church years ago I was totally against it. I would debate anyone who was for it to the ground. However. I am totally ok with it now. I've changed a lot in the last couple of years. Now, before you try and debate me or call me a horrible Christian or whatever you will say, Christians, people, hear me out. Am I saying I believe it's ok to live that lifestyle? No. I still believe in the Biblical definition of marriage. And, That's the thing. I DON'T have to live that lifestyle. Just because they do, does not mean I have to. Someone liking the opposite sex doesn't impact my relationship with God, and Jesus any. I do believe it is a sin. But, the bible says all sin is equal. "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,” also said, “You shall not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker. (James 2:10-11 NIV)" As Christians we sin every day. "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, (Romans 3:23 NIV)" Our sin just may not come in the form of being Gay. I can tell you without a doubt I sin. Never intentionally, but I do. We ALL do. So who are we to say their sin is worse and judge them? We are called to love, not judge. “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. (Luke 6:37 NIV)" "There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor? (James 4:12 NIV)" "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:34-35 NIV)". We shouldn't bash them, or anyone for that matter. Gay, straight, Christian, Athiest, Caitlyn Genner(if he wants to be called Caitlyn, call him Caitlyn), anyone. You don't have to like it, but by bashing them, or saying it shouldn't be legal because we don't believe that way doesn't shown them love like it says. In fact it's just the opposite. It stirrs anger, and resentment and hate. And not to mention the fact that the bible says sinners shouldn't throw stones “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” (John 8:7 NIV)" and like I said, we ALL sin. By doing this we aren't bringing them any closer to wanting to have a relationship with God, and isn't that the ultimate goal? I know I may loose friends for this, and that's ok. I know this opinion will not be the most popular, but this is my opinion. God bless you all! Love you all!! And, yes, I'll say it, LOVE WINS!!

7 comments:
"Am I saying I believe it's ok to live that lifestyle? No."
People are born gay, it's not a choice or lifestyle.
"I still believe in the Biblical definition of marriage."
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YTYKU9JlQ5g/UCA-C9hdkII/AAAAAAAACs4/ZEBsA2l4dX8/s1600/biblical+definition+of+marriage.jpg
"Our sin just may not come in the form of being Gay."
How can something you have no control over, something you don't choose, be a sin? It would be like saying, "Our sin just may not come in the form of being Black." It's ridiculous.
"Gay, straight, Christian, Athiest, Caitlyn Genner(if he wants to be called Caitlyn, call him Caitlyn), anyone."
She* and atheist isn't a proper noun, so it shouldn't be capitalized.
The religion you were indoctrinated in has completely warped your perception of reality. Have you considered that Christianity is an outdated and ignorant religion that only divides humanity as a whole and should be tossed aside along with most of the other religions of the world?
A. I did nothing but say I supported something. By saying I support it I'm being ignorant and dividing humanity..HOW?
B. You honestly believe your way of thinking, Z is the only way? Who has the warped perception of reality here? It takes all kinds of kinds(forgive the Miranda Lambert reference). One persons beliefs and way of thinking are right, for them, and they may not be for the next person. And that's ok. But if you are so narrow minded you can't see that just because someone disagrees with you that doesn't mean either party is wrong, and that doesn't mean you hate each other and bash the other person then I feel sorry for you.
A. The last comment isn't referring to or a reply to what you said, it was just a general comment about the religion you were raised in.
"You honestly believe your way of thinking, Z is the only way?"
You can have your own opinions, but you can't have your own facts. If the beliefs you hold don't reflect reality, they are wrong. People can believe that Earth is flat, that evolution isn't true, that there's a supreme magical being that wants humans to only have sex in a certain way with a certain someone, etc., but they are wrong. They hold objectively false beliefs and they are delusional.
"I feel sorry for you."
If you want to feel sorry for me because I don't accept and call you out on the bullshit you spew, go right ahead. That doesn't make you not wrong and me any less right. You live your life based on a book written over a thousand years ago by men who didn't even have .1% the knowledge that humans currently have. Grow up, realize that there's no sky daddy who cares about you and that you don't live forever. Accept and embrace reality and throw away the delusions that you were indoctrinated in as a kid.
I am not sure what Christians have done to cause you to harbor so much hate and resentment towards them, and I don't need to know. But, I will say I am sorry for whatever it was and I will pray for you
It has nothing to do with Christians, most Christians are great people as far as I know. It's about Christianity. It's ridiculous and harmful nonsense, just like Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and every other religion out there.
"I will pray for you"
And I will think for you, since you seem incapable of doing so for yourself.
I do think for myself actually. If I didn't, and I was as "indoctrinated" as you seem to think I am, then I would NOT have said I thought the ruling was ok. I would have been totally against it. But I'm not. And look, I'm not trying to fight. At all. You are entitled to your oppinion, and I respect that. So I will leave you with this.. I would rather live my life for God, and find out in the end there's not one, than to live my life like there's not one and find out in the end that there is.
".. I would rather live my life for God, and find out in the end there's not one, than to live my life like there's not one and find out in the end that there is."
So pretty much Pascal's Wager, huh? Do some research into it and figure out why it's one of the silliest reasons to believe in the Christian god.
Post a Comment