Mis-adventure the first -
Last Tuesday night I was heading home from work going down 167. It was late, it was dark. I was minding my own business, going the speed limit might I add, when suddenly, the one other car on the road appeared coming around a corner. They we're still in their lane, but they were as close to mine as physically possible without actually being in my lane. I, being the polite person I am scooted over ever so slightly, and what should happen? BOOM! I hit a patch of gravel. I fishtailed a couple of times, then I do at least two or three 360's before going through a ditch, spinning around again and coming to a complete stop facing the right way on the opposite side of the road. I missed the one other car on the road, managed to correct and not get stuck in the ditch and did not flip the truck, even though I could tell she was trying. Total God thing. Don't try to tell me otherwise. Now this in and of itself qualifies as a mis-adventure, but oh, it gets better. Flash back, 8:30 am, I'm on my way to school when I spill my Dr. Pepper on my lap. I then dropped my phone while getting out of he truck and caused it to crack the screen a little more. Then while walking up to class a car comes around the corner fast and almost hits me. This was all before 9:30 am. I digress though. Back to the story at hand. Afterwards I am fine, a little shaken but otherwise unscathed so I head on my way. When I get back in to weatherford I decided to stop at Target for a second to completely settle down. I inspect the truck before I walk in and she's fine. However, when I walk out I find I have a flat. I know Everyone's at the movies so I just text them and decide to wait at Target for them. An hour and some odd minutes later I get a call from Mom, they went to the movies in Arlington. Not weatherford. I ended up having to call Grammy. I finally got home around 10:45. Dad goes the next day and tries to put the spare on to no avail. After I get off I meet them there and we get it aired up enough to roll it down to NTB, who, the next day declares the tire un fixable. Dad treks it to Jerry's and they had to order a part. It took a week but Reba is now fixed and back with me where she belongs. Although, if she could talk she would probaby say otherwise. That, ladies and gentlemen is enough mis adventure for at least a week.

1 comment:
Glad you're safe, but it's a "God thing".. Really? If God controls car accidents, I suppose he chooses not to do anything about the people who are injured or get killed. I mean, children and babies are injured and get killed in cars all the time and God doesn't do anything to stop that, what makes you so special?
Post a Comment