Ok those of you who know me know my favorite sci-fi movies are Star Wars. If you didn't know that allow me to introduce myself. Hello my name is Tiff and I love Star Wars! I love Yoda! He's my favorite. Probably because we're both vertically challenged, but hey, short people rule! I was thinking the other day. Have you ever really thought about how biblical some of his most powerful quotes are? For example;
"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."
Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil. (Psalm 37:8 NIV)
Think about it. When we're angry it tends to bring out our "dark side". We do things we normally wouldn't, and often times regret later.
Or this...
"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ. We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves. (2 Corinthians 4:6, 7 NLT)
We're only here on borrowed time. We won't have our earthly bodies forever, we're called to tell others of his love, and power. The verse about being a city on a hill could have also been used here(Matt 5:14)
This one.....
"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is."
For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind. (James 3:16 NLT)
He's talking to Anakin about Padmè here and about how being jealous and not letting her go is going to cause him to become angry and veer of course. And that wouldn't do anyone any good. Same apples to us. When we become jealous we tend to again, do things we normally wouldn't and become selfish and only think of ourselves. We also tend to "loose our Christianity" and that opens the door for all those other negative emotions and crap, or "evil" to come in.
This one.....
“Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not.”
And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died so you will not grieve like people who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the believers who have died. (1 Thessalonians 4:13, 14 NLT)
pretty self explanatory...
Here's another.....
"Do or do not. There is no try"
But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only
fooling yourselves. (James 1:22 NLT)
You either do what Gods word says, or you don't. You don't "try" to follow it. You do or you don't. That's not saying you have to be perfect. You're gonna mess up. We're human. That just means to not use the excuse of " I tried", dust yourself off and move on.
I could go on, but I think you get the point. Now, did George Lucas write these quotes with the bible and these scriptures in mind? I don't know. I read he grew up in church, I'm not sure if he attends or reads the bible now or not. And that's not for me to speculate. Even so, he at least had some knowledge of scripture. Whether or not that directly impacted his writing only he and God know. Like I said, I could go on forever. But late now it is, and sleep now I must. Until next time friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment