Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Remembering a Legend. Kidd Kraddick
Saturday night the entire radio broadcasting community was shaken with the unexpected passing of a legend. Iconic morning show host Kidd Kraddick passed away at a golf tournament for his beloved charity Kidd's Kids. This is one of those events that you will always remember where you were. Even if you didn't listen every day you knew who Kidd was. Listening to Kiss FM this week and hearing all of the stories from the DJ's and listeners really speaks to the amazing man he was. One listener said she was 16, on the way to school and was in a wreck. She called 911, then she called Kidd Kraddick's show. He told her everything was going to be ok, calmed her down and stayed on the phone with her until the police arrived. He got her info and sent flowers and a card to her at school the next day. There are several similar stories but for some reason this one stuck out to me. I remember being 16 and getting my first truck, a 2000 purple ford ranger we dubbed, the beast. I was so excited because I got to listen to what I wanted too. Kidd kept me company on the way to school every day. I also remember listening and laughing as I was getting ready. His bits could make you laugh, and could also make you cry. Granted, sometimes it was from laughing so hard. I will miss that. I got the privelege to meet Kidd once. And even though it was only once you felt as if you had known him for a lifetime. He was so welcome and so humble, He was(and is) a legend! Heaven must have needed a good morning show host.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment