Monday, November 29, 2010

Sound Scene : Skillet


Skillet

Atlantic/Ardent/INO recording Artists Skillet recently struck gold with their current release Awake. The Musical stylings Of Lead Singer John Cooper along with Wife Korey, Ben Kasica and Jen Ledger transcend that of traditional Christian recording artist. With a headlining tour, touring with artist such as Creed and Toby Mac, their album Landing at number 27 on the mainstream rock charts, as well as one of their singles, Monster, appearing on WWE, and Hero and Monster also appearing in Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010 it comes as no surprise to me that they have sold almost 2 million copies. I was able too attend 2 Skillet concerts this year. One headlining, the other with Creed. I have said, and will continue to say that no matter the venue, or headling or not Skillet does NOT disappoint. From the rising platforms, the cello and violin, and the pyro technics they are by FAR my favorite band to see live. If you haven't picked up a copy of Awake I urge you to do so. From the ballad style of songs such as Forgiven, Don't wake me and One Day Too Late, to the heavy, hard rock sounds of Hero, Awake And Alive and Monster there is something for everyone on this album. As I said before, Skillet does not disappoint. I can't wait for a new album and to see them in concert again.




No comments: