Sunday, August 30, 2015

Thirty Before 30: Pinterest Project (Project #2)

As many may know Friday was Mom's Birthday. On our way home from vacation we stopped at Hastings in Stephenville and I saw that they had record players. Mom's doesn't work, and Josie ate the cord to her good one a couple of years ago when she was teething so I knew I had to sneak back and get her one. I worked all week so I decided to look up wrapping ideas on Pinterest so I could knock out two birds with one stone. So to speak. I found the CUEST idea, using paint samples from Wal-Mart. Of course, her favorite color being purple that's what I went with. I think it turned out pretty dang cute. She liked it anyway. And I was able to knock out my project for the week so really, it was a win win!

To achieve this look I wrapped her record player in plain packing paper. I then cut paint samples in to various sizes and glued them on to some yarn. This is very time consuming so I definitely wouldn't do this for Chritsmas unless it was a very. Special gift. Total it took me about 2 to 3 hours to cut everything. I did it by hand because I don't have a cricut or anything like that. If you have one in sure it would more than cut the time in half. And I'm sure you could tape them but I knew my mother and her NEVER throw anything away self would want to keep it and hang it somewhere so I opted to glue it. The yarn is just taped on the package and it stayed surprisingly well. 

Here's the actual post;
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/207024914098028295/

If you use this technique please post pictures!! :) 

    Turned out pretty cute I think 

No comments: